Although there is actually no new special rules, knowing how to maintain good oral hygiene will keep your teeth and gums healthy for your whole lifetime and boost your confidence.
Dentist’s Tips on How To Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
- Brush teeth with a soft-bristle toothbrush and toothpaste with fluoride at least twice a day to remove plaque and bacteria and floss at least once a day. This should be done daily.
- Brush properly. Hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle. Aim the bristles toward the area where the tooth and gums meet. Brush with short back-and-forth motions gently. Brush all surfaces of the teeth, both on the outer and inner sides of your teeth.
- Brush your tongue or use a tongue scraper to remove plaque and bacteria build-up.
- Rinse mouth with water after eating to eliminate food particles, sugars, and bacteria, if brushing your teeth is not possible like when you’re on the road.
- Have a regular dental checkup. Visit your dentist at least twice a year to detect any impending oral disease. See your dentist immediately if you notice any mouth issues. Early detection will prevent several oral problems and will maintain your overall oral health.
Visit or contact Dr. James Voyles at his Hilliard dental office. He would love to see you and give you pointers on how to have and keep your oral health at its best.